Ted Cruz tweeted that it was “bizarre to see a former head of the CIA consistently side with Iranian zealots who chant ‘Death to America.’ And reflexively condemn Israel.”
Brennan is afraid of Iran’s retaliation, or so he says. Brennan of course supported the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (the Iran nuclear Deal) which enabled Iran to grow its regional and global influence. Others have reported another factor that may bear weight in Brennan’s bizarre views: he is said to be a convert to Islam. According to Michael J. Del Rosso, a Senior Fellow for Homeland and National Security for the Center for Security Policy, there are allegations that Brennan converted to Islam and they “are based upon firsthand reports of those who served with him in Saudi Arabia”:
- Those allegations include that Brennan was the target of a Saudi intelligence influence operation, one outcome of which was Brennan’s conversion to Islam.
- At that time, Brennan was chief of station, a billet that is designed for an operationally trained officer with experience in the CIA’s Directorate of Operations, which Brennan was not. Brennan’s background is that of an analyst, which may explain why he lacked the sophistication and experience to understand that he was being played by the Saudis in an influence operation.
- Anyone so inept as to be oblivious to basic hostile intelligence tactics such as this influence operation is unqualified to be DCI.
- Furthermore, Brennan’s definition of jihad, “meaning to purify oneself or one’s community,” is incorrect as a matter of fact, since all four schools of Sunni jurisprudence say that the primary and paramount definition of jihad is kinetic war against non-Muslims to forcibly establish submission to Islamic law globally.
- If Brennan truly believes his fictitious definition of jihad, he is unqualified to be DCI, since he obviously is unaware of or indifferent to the fact that he is directly contradicting all published Sunni jurisprudence. Al-Qaeda’s bin Laden, ISIS’s al-Baghdadi (who has a doctorate in Islamic law), Hamas, the Muslim Brotherhood, and all the other numerous violent jihadi terrorist groups all say that they are at war with us because Islamic law makes such war — jihad — obligatory for all Muslims. They also point out that Islamic law makes the funding of jihad obligatory, as well as lying to further jihad. That 15 years after 9/11, Brennan has yet to drop $40 on Amazon.com to purchase a certified English translation of an authoritative textbook on Islamic law, such as Reliance of the Traveller, is professional malpractice of the highest order for someone who has held the senior counter-terrorism and intelligence positions he has.
- Furthermore, the fiction that Brennan is espousing is not just any
fiction, it is a deliberate propaganda lie by America’s enemies in our
15+-year war. It is designed to disorient us from understanding our
enemy’s Threat Doctrine. If he is truly unaware of this, he is a useful
idiot in espousing enemy propaganda in time of war, and is unqualified
to be DCI.If Brennan does know the factual Islamic legal definition of jihad,
then he is deliberately espousing enemy propaganda in a time of war, in
which case Brennan is a traitor — and unqualified to be DCI.
Read it all here................
“Former CIA chief John Brennan blasts killing of Iranian nuclear scientist,” by Eileen AJ Connelly, New York Post, November 28, 2020: